Your wedding reception is most likely the part that most of your guests are looking forward to. After all, who doesn’t like to dance, drink and eat? However, many of your guests may not know each other and with some receptions lasting into the night it is a good idea to play some icebreaker games/activities to keep everyone occupied and smiling.
- Song Requests – Ask each of your guests to write down some of their favourite songs to dance to. Then give the requests to the DJ to keep everyone happy.
- Garden Games – If you are having an outdoor wedding, or have an outdoor space at your venue, then put some giant garden games outside to keep your guests occupied. These could include Connect Four, Jenga, Boules or Ring Toss!
- Photo Booth – A photo booth with props is always a fantastic way to keep your guests entertained, whilst creating an everlasting memory.
- Interactive Food – Why not setup an interactive food station at your wedding! These can be extremely fun and are something totally different. These could include a chocolate fountain with treats to cover in chocolate, a marshmallow toasting station or even a taco bar!
- Caricature Artist – Why not hire an artist who can draw caricatures of your guests! This will keep your guests laughing, as they show off their sketches, and will provide a lasting memory.
- Magician – Hiring a close-up magician is a fantastic way to keep groups of guests entertained at their tables or at the bar.
- Memory Card – Provide each of your guests a ‘Memory Card’ with how you met or one of your favourite memories with them. Leave a blank space for them to fill out and put in a box on their table.
- Raffle – When your guests arrive at your reception give them a raffle ticket. At each table provide a list of fun and silly ways that guests can earn more tickets. At the end of the night have a raffle with small and fun gifts.
- Fun Surprise – Why not surprise your guests with our singing waiters or a firework display? Or why not perform a song with the live band!
- Morning After – Provide your guests with a hangover help kit to help them fight the effects of the party. You can put in the kit things like Lucozade, Paracetamol, Vitamin tablets, chocolate bar, mints and coffee.
If you are planning a wedding and are interested in our venue dressing services then please call our team on 0800 669 6290 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our venue dressing services are ideal for weddings and events in Wirral, Liverpool, Chester & Manchester.